Preskoči na glavno vsebino

After rain comes sunshine

When we go through hardship, it is difficult to see the sun through the thick clouds. But we must remember, the sun is there, even when we can't see it. And there will be sunshine after all the rain. I promise.




 This card took a little longer to make than my usual cards. It was made with a family member in mind after they suffered a heart attack. When your life changes upside down in an instant, it is hard to focus on the good things. But having family around who will be there for you no matter what, is the most you could ask for. 

So I made two images that could easily be two separate card fronts, but together they conveyed the message perfectly with the b/w vs. colored image. 

On the front panel I stamped the little girl and ducks from Hello Bluebird Singing in the rain stamp set together from clouds from an older set.  I masked the images and then blended the background with Distress Oxide Black Soot. Then I colored the images with C family of Copic markers, drawing the rest of the background and the puddles. I added the raindrops with a white gel pen (Gelly Roll) I mounted the panel onto a black card base.

Because the base was black and the inside of the card where I would normally write a personal note was filled with another image, I stencilled the clouds with Distress Ink Broken China on a die-cut shaped like a stamp.
On the inside I attached a second image of Anja from the same stamp set with a sun from an MFT set and rainbow stamp from an Avery Elle stamp set. Again I colored the images with Copics.
I never considered myself an artist and drawing is an ongoing challenge, but I love watching Sandy Allnock tutorials, she explains everything so well and I just go and give it a try. How bad can it be?:)

I am entering the card in

Komentarji

  1. Lepo sporočilo ima tvoja zgodba. Tudi sama sem šla pred kratkim skozi težko preizkušnjo in še kako velja, da za dežjem mora posijati tudi sonce. Hvala, da sodeluješ v CRAFT-alnici, kjer sem tokrat gostja.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Zelo lepo si ustvarjala na temo nov začetek. Hvala ker sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Zelo, zelo lepa voščilnica še z lepšim sporočilom. Nadvse všeč mi je, kako si naredila prvo stran črno belo, drugo pa barvno in sončno.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Tudi sama sem navdušena nad Sandy Allnock in njeno umetnostjo. Vidim, da ji zelo dobro slediš. S sporočilom "da po dežju vedno posije sonce" si dopolnila svojo prečudovito voščilnico.
    Vesela sem, da sem obiskala tvoj blog. Srečno še naprej.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Krasna voščilnica. Lepo si sestavila voščilnico za nov začetek. Hvala ti za družbo v v Craft-alnici Goga

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Čudovita je tvoja voščilnica :-)) Lep nov začetek!
    Vesela sem, da ustvarjaš z nami v CRAFT-alnici ❤️

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Cette carte est absolument superbe. j'adore. Bravo !

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Objavite komentar

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

Tiddly Spring

I adore the quiet evening moments, when I get out of my white working uniform and jump head first into the world of colours! Spring is the perfect time for it with inspiration all around me. The inspiration for this post was a cherry tree I pass every day on my way to work. The blossoms are so soft and gentle I can't help but run my fingers through them every morning, it just makes my day. I was so excited to see this new stamp at Tiddly Inks Cherry Wryn. Isn't she adorable? I could just imagine the soft petals on my skin when colouring it. A stroke of acrylic paint, a touch of Distress Inks, foamiran flowers and voila.. here she is, Miss Spring herself :) She is so adorable I made a few versions and can't wait to have time to colour some more! I'm happy to be part of TIddly Inks blog hop Also entering in : Cinspirations April challenge: Spring time Cutiepie challenge- Delightful digis Challenge up your life #90: Aquarell

Peferct pair - gold and turquoise

One of my favourite colour combinations - GOLD and TURQUOISE! Never thought of using these two on a Christmas card, but...Challenge accepted! :) I used IndigoBlu 'Merry Christmas Tree' stamp with  gold embossing powder on velum and combined it with  Distress Ink Peacock Feathers and Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio I added a few sequins and a satin ribbon I am entering this beauty in  52cct: May Colour Challenge Craft-alnica #210 Toplotno embosiranje Creatalicious challenges #139

Rainbow birthday

 What birthday girl doesn't want to be the prettiest and best dressed on her special day? This little mouse was working night and day to make on little girl's dreams come true. Happy birthday, girl! I entered the card in: Craft-alnica Izziv #337 - Mavrica Vesela hiška Izziv #43 Mavrica Najlepši par galerija meseca junija